Friday, May 22, 2015

(Update)Gopalan Nair visiting Johore Bahru Malaysia across the straits from Singapore

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Update: May 24, 2015. To contact me, please contact my friend in Singapore, Mr. Bala at his Singapore telephone number 97860241. He will arrange to bring you to meet me in Johor Bahru. I will charge a fee of $50.00 Singapore dollars. Please pay the fee to Mr. Bala. If you are a friend of mine and Mr. Bala, there is no fee. You can also ask me questions on US Immigration law as a US lawyer. I believe Mr. Bala will only be free on the weekends. Therefore if you would want to meet me, you may begin contacting him now. Best regards to all of you. Till I meet you.

I will be visiting Johor Bahru Malaysia from June 08, 2015 to June 20, 2015.

I will be pleased to meet my supporters and friends.

I will post my dedicated phone number here soon before I depart United States.

I will not be crossing over to Singapore for obvious reasons.

Although I have an American passport which does not ordinarily require a visa to enter Singapore, in 2008 when I had criticized the Lee Kuan Yew judge Belinda Ang Saw Ean while on a short trip to the island, for her disgraceful bias and corruption in the case of Lee Kuan Yew vs Chee Soon Juan, I was arrested and sent to jail there and immediately thereafter deported.

See my blog post here dated May 29, 2008 titled "Singapore. Judge Belinda Ang's Kangaroo Court" http://singaporedissident.blogspot.com/2008/05/singapore-judge-belinda-angs-kangaroo.html

This deportation does not allow me to enter the island without a visa.

Even if I were to apply for a visa and even if they were to grant it, it is still unwise to enter the island since Singapore does not have the rule of law and they could do anything they want including detaining me under additional charges which they can literally draw out of a hat.

It is not that I am afraid of them but being detained once again in the island like they did to me the last time is something I cannot risk now, as I have a law practice to run in the United States and there are clients who depend on me for their cases.

I cannot abandon them, which will be the case if they were to hold me once again for an extended period.

I therefore cannot take the risk of entering an island that is run as a fiefdom by Lee Kuan Yew's son, who obviously no longer cares for his international reputation.

If you want to see me and talk about the future of the island under Lee Kuan Yew's son, or even just chat over some nasi lemak and Kopi-O (food and refreshments that only locals would understand) please telephone me at the number I will post here in the next few days.

Gopalan Nair
Attorney at Law
A Singaporean in Exile
Fremont, California USA (near San Francisco)

No comments: