Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Law Society of Singapore vs Gopalan Nair

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The following is the defense that I had sent to the Law Society of Singapore in defence to the charges. You notice that I have not wasted much time in answering these, because it is a waste of time.

We are facing Lee Kuan Yew's kangaroo court here and I don't believe kangaroos expect me to write much since they have already decided on the case anyway. Would anybody want to bet otherwise. I say Gopalan Nair will be found guilty and disbarred in Lee Kuan Yew's Singapore courts.


Defense to Charges before the High Court
Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:40 AM

From: "Gopalan Nair"
Add sender to Contacts
To: angela_chopard@supcourt.gov.sg, yogeswari_n_vaivellu@supcourt.gov.sg1.

1.As for the first charge that I had uttered abuses to police officers on July 4th 2008in Singapore, I deny the charge.
2. As for second charge that on the same day I had behaved in a disorderly manner, I deny the charge
3. As for the 3rd charge that I had insulted Singapore judge Belinda Ang Saw Ean in 2008, in my blog Singapore Dissident, I deny the charge. It was valid criticism and there was no insult.
4. As for the 4th charge that I had defied an undertaking given to a Singapore judge in 2008, the undertaking was unenforceable as the undertaking was obtained under coercion and duress and therefore without any lawful basis.
5. As for 5th charge in respect of criticism of Judge Judith Prakash for her actions in court in 2008, the criticism was justified and valid.

Gopalan Nair
Fremont, California, USA
June 15, 2011

No comments: