Friday, December 7, 2007

Letter from Xiuxian Yu

Hi Mr.Gopalan Nair,

You last post 5 Dec 2007 was a solid testimony what the Singapore authorities do to people who opposes them.

The government has reached an absolutist and arguably pathetic state which reeks of the "I don't care. I say this is the law" mentality where citizens are merely pieces of trash awaiting to be discarded and destroyed if they do not obey.

I admire you for your courage which few in Singapore would choose to do. The existence of mere economic benefits cannot satisfy an empty and suppressed soul. It is impossible to be an intelligent Singaporean and not be a thinking person.

Until Singaporeans can come together in unity to challenge the government, I cannot possibly see the turn of tide. Your act to create an awareness is really the best you can do in the meantime. We are world class citizens.

No matter where you are, you are both the past and the present. Singapore is not your home but it is still your heritage. From the bottom of my heart, I say "thank you" for the political lessons you taught me just reading your blog.

Wishing you every happiness and keep your fight.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Cheers,
Xiu

No comments: